Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Aunt Joan Brings Chicken

Sec: Oh, and Goober called from Wally's to say that your car was  ready. Should I tell him to drop it off?

Don: (distracted) Yes. (Starts to open the door but at the last moment pauses to look back) What's my schedule look like today.

Sec: Pretty light, Sheriff.(Looking at date book) 1:00: Appointment at Floyd's for a haircut -- 2:15; Conference with the creative team about the Emmit's Fix-it Shop campaign. That's about it. What about
Otis? Should I give him the keys?

Don: (frustrated) Yes, yes, give him the damn keys!

Sec: Very well, sir. Oh, and sir, I hate to tell you this, but Ernest T. Bass is at it again.

Don: Breaking more windows I suppose!

Sec: (not knowing what he is talking about) Windows? No sir. He's been trying to steal the Lucky Strikes account, again.

Don: Oh, right, right. I'll take care of it.

Sec: Yes, Sheriff.

(Cut to: Don's office. Don enters, takes off his overcoat and hangs in on the rack in the corner. He registers surprise when he finds that he is wearing a Sheriff's uniform beneath it. He is further surprised when he surveys his office and finds that it now the County Courthouse in Mayberry, North Carolina. He is still confused when the old fashioned desk set phone on his desk rings)

Don (picking it up): Yes?

Sec: Aunt Joan's here to see you, Sheriff. Shall I send her in?
Don: Aunt Joan? Yes, yes, send her in.
(Enter Aunt Joan, a vivacious woman in her early sixties. Her lustrous red hair is tied up in a tight knot atop her head and the "fuck me" red dress she wears clings to every curve and contour of her perfect sun dial figure body. In her left arm, she carries a picnic basket full of Andy's,-- er, that is, Don's-- lunch.

Aunt Joan: (sultrily): Hello, Don. I've brought your lunch.
(Opening the basket and passing her tongue lustily over her own lips)
Fried chicken! 

Don: (grabbing the phone in a panic): Sarah, get me my Secretary!
(As he waits for the call to be put through, Aunt Joan does a slow sensuous dance in front of him, all the while eating a chicken leg)

Don: (his connection completed)
Is Goober here with my car yet? Good! Cancel my appointments for the rest of the day! I'm going home!
(He hangs up the phone, makes a wide berth around the still gyrating Joan, grabs his coat and brief case and dashes out of the door.)

No comments: